Wednesday 3 March 2021

1. Cartoonize yourself

Today's task was to create a digital avatar of ourselves. Knowing me, I had to try some tools suggested by our teacher before choosing my favourite one. These are my avatars and next to them you will find the websites I used:


 Portrait Avatar Maker  


DoppelMe 
DM1797432HTR (that is my code)







 Funko Pop Designer

Now, going to my favourite tool: 


Critical questions and problems encountered:
Not many problems were found while using this app. First you have to download the app in your device (mobile phone or tablet) and create an account using an email, Facebook or linking it to Snapchat.

 From then on it is very intuitive: you are presented with an interface to choose the character’s physical characteristics, clothes and accessories. My biggest worry was which clothes to choose from the wide range provided! Plus, the accessories are very diverse and help adjust to cultures all over the world. 

No problems were encountered, even the app helps you set up the keyboard. That was one of my biggest worry before opening the app, but each and every step is scaffolded. 

Discoveries
Something I didn’t know as that apart from using it on a keyboard, you can add an extension to Google Chrome. This is very useful, as it facilitates adding Bitmoji from a computer. Clicking with the right button of the mouse gives the following options: 


Moreover, I didn’t know it can be linked to Kahoot! Look how cute my avatar is there!


Uses or connections
It is an amazing tool to personalise your teaching materials, specially if it is online schooling, as here we tend to miss the human factor. Moreover, if you print pictures of your Bitmoji you can use them in the classroom, like these ones:
Lastly, as a tech addict, you can also use them to text people through messaging apps (WhatsApp, Telegram or I Message) and in your email. 

Martyrating
🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙 

Pros: 
  • Easy to use
  • Accessible
  • Inclusive and varied designs 
  • Connected to many apps
Cons: 

  • Couldn't find any, to be honest.

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! AMAZING JOB!! I love it!! keep going that way, you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post Marta! Definitely it summarizes ver good. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it gave you some ideas as yours gave me!

      Delete
  3. Wow Marta, your job is amazing as always... The comparison among the apps is great! I'm so excited to create a post with you and add our avatar together - that would be so nice!
    Checking all the apps, I will definitely go for Bitmoji - the more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate your comment! and I'd love to collaborate with you!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Marta! It is really complete and well explained! I like seeing your avatar inside Kahoot, it is a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that having a Bitmoji inside Kahoot can draw students' attention even more!

      Delete