Saturday 24 April 2021

6. Plan an audio project

Combining ICTs with other subjects has become way easier than never. In today's post I will show you how to teach Spanish painters through the creation of a podcast with the students. 

This is the didactic unit I designed for 5th grade of Primary Education for Arts and Crafts


The introductory podcast was created using Session Town and Audacity to join the two music files and my voice. Then, it was uploaded to Soundcloud. You can find the introduction and the playlist where all the podcasts will be stored once recorded and uploaded below.


Critical questions and problems encountered

Uploading content to Soundcloud is very easy, the only requirement is to create a profile. Then, you can upload audio files filling in the required information.

Once the files are uploaded, you can create a playlist and add them there. I tried to create the playlist beforehand but I couldn't, so keep that in mind. 

I also had some trouble recording the initial music, having to screen capture my music and then uploading the video to a mp3 converter. However, Audacity was easy to use as I learned how to use it during the degree. 

Discoveries

Soundcloud was a discovery for me, as it sounded familiar but I had never used it before. Moreover, the webpage I used to create the music, 
Session Town, was completely new for me as well, it is a great resource for music teachers!

Uses or connections

Soundcloud provides an opportunity to teach students through a different method. The first thing that came to my mind is creating podcasts that students could listen to while studying for an exam. It has a lot of potential to be used for flipped classrooms, or in regular ones like the example I provided.

Martyrating
๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™๐ŸŒ™

Pros: 
  • Creating playlists
  • Library option with overview, likes, playlists, albums, stations, following and history
  • Tags in tracks and playlists
  • Easy to embed and share
Cons: 

  • Only 180 minutes can be uploaded for free users.

I hope you liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment